Graphic design’s come a long way since the manuscripts of ancient China, Egypt, and Greece. Prominent design experts like Ian Anderson and Marc Valli even argue that: “It is graphic culture, not art, that reflects the mentality and concerns of our time.” With graphic expression connecting with people “because its fundamental purpose is communication.”
Imagine then, when our Director Keith Noble was invited by an old friend of Forepoint’s, university lecturer and founder of The Disciples Of Design Andy Bainbridge, to step on to a virtual stage with other like-minded professionals.
The brief? To chat with fellow creatives and the students at UCLan in Preston, about his experiences as a designer and his relentless passion for the profession.
Yeah, you’re right, it didn’t take much persuasion.
Keith will be joining an illustrious list of UCLan alumni including:
- Claire Parker, Executive Creative Director & Managing Partner at Design Bridge (New York)
- Martin Chatterton, a highly acclaimed freelance illustrator, children’s and fictional author. And ex-director at Forepoint (now based in Australia)
- Harriet Richardson, Designer at Pentagram (London)
- Mike Rigby, Chief Design Officer at the newly formed Proto (New York)
- Jennie Potts, Design Director at B&B Studio
What’s in store for Keith?
The theme for Conference Week 10: ‘Making your mark’. As well as focusing on the people and the projects that made a mark on Keith, he’ll also be reflecting on his +25 year career in design, working alongside extraordinary people, across a wealth of industries, helping them to tell their stories, drive real change and create lasting impact.
Join the conversation
Join on your computer or mobile via Microsoft Teams.
Date: Friday 12 February 2021
Link: Join the meeting
Keith is joined in conversation by Gary Holt, Founder and Executive Strategic & Creative Director at SomeOne and John Paul (JP) Sykes, Creative Director at Frank, Bright & Abel.