Steve Gill – January 2021
As we head into 2021 – and wave a solid and heartfelt goodbye to 2020 – there are a few things we’d like to look back on and acknowledge to help us start 2021 on a positive note:
The Forepoint team has grown.
- Firstly, we celebrated the addition of a new, award-winning junior designer. Gabe Aplando joined the team fresh from graduating with a first-class honours degree from UCLan – he’d even earned himself a prestigious D&AD award on the way.
- Secondly, we were all delighted with the recruitment of a new project planner and estimator, Nicky Woodward. Since she’s taken up her post, Nicky has been instrumental in bringing even greater efficiencies to our client costing.
Last year, four members of the team achieved significant work anniversary milestones:
- My fellow directors, Keith Noble and Graham Bowes, have now each clocked up an amazing 25 years of loyal service to the business.
- Senior designer, Simon Birch, has also made his quarter-century.
- Technical manager, Andrew Craig, isn’t far behind after reaching his two-decade milestone.
We were delighted when, once again, Forepoint was recognised as one of the top creative B2B agencies in the UK in B2B Marketing’s UK Agencies Benchmarking Report.
Accreditations and certifications
We were also delighted when we successfully achieved Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation and the recertification of British Standards ISO9001.
Delivering the unexpected
The team worked even harder than ever last year and delivered a multitude of projects, across a wide-range of disciplines – and in the thick of a global pandemic. We completed no less than:
- 18 x internal and employee comms projects and campaigns.
- 20 x external campaigns.
- 90 x comms literature projects.
- 6 x new branding projects.
- 14 x new website projects.
- 14 x development of existing websites.
- 15 x bespoke digital projects (apps, touchscreens etc).
- 62 x ongoing website hosting and maintenance SLAs.
- 23 x videos and AV animation projects.
- 15 x infographic projects.
- 12 x illustrator commissions.
- 5 x tone of voice and key audience messaging projects.
- 6 x annual report and accounts.
- 13 x exhibition and display environment projects.
- 2 x eLearning platform and content projects.
- 21 x presentations developed.
Taking (even more) brands beyond business as usual
Last year also saw us gain several new client wins. Throughout 2021 we look forward to building these new relationships with new people and learning about a range of new businesses.
Collaborations that create powerful partnerships
We forged some great new working partnerships, solidifying our belief in the power of collaborative working with a wide range of proven specialists, that both enhance and complement the skills and capabilities we have in-house.
Pandemics, pivots, and plans
Last year we also discovered, introduced, and embedded new digital platforms and ways of working to support our clients’ needs and online interactions. This included a digital version of Nick Parker’s VoiceBox toolkit, which has proven to be a very popular and effective part of our brand strategy workshops.
As with most creative and digital businesses, COVID-19 saw us enabling the team to work from home. And, as we move into this new year and another national lockdown – with the virtual meeting as the new normal – it’s a move that’s continuing to work well.
2021 will see us continuously adjusting to government guidelines and mixing working from the studio and working from home, as advised.
Finally, I want to acknowledge the hard work of the Forepoint team in 2020. And to say a big thank you to them and all our clients, without whom we wouldn’t still be here.
Since March, the entire team has worked tirelessly to support our clients and each other during what was, without doubt, a very challenging year. They’re a credit to the business, and I appreciate their loyalty, commitment and creativity in the face of enormous global change.
And to our clients, who continue to put their trust in us – ironically, I think we’ve seen or spoken to some more often than ever before. From cries of, ‘you’re on mute’ to the helpful ‘support’ of cats, dogs and small children. On behalf of us all, I thank you too.
And so, as we progress through 2021, it just remains for me to say that Forepoint is grateful to be busy with existing projects and looks forward to getting started on new work, with both new and existing clients.
If you need help to take your brand beyond business as usual in 2021, we’d love to hear from you. Make it your resolution to contact us.