As lockdown continues to ease across the UK, we’re pleased to report that we’re packing up our multitude of makeshift home offices in preparation for the long-awaited return to the brave new world of Forepoint on 3 August 2020.
So, what’s it going to look like for the team, our clients, suppliers and visitors to our studio?
Clearly, the powers that be have made the health and safety of everyone their priority. And it’s thanks to all the hard work of our Studio Manager Neil, that we’ve successfully undergone a rigorous risk assessment exercise to ensure we’ve created our Covid-secure workplace.
What does this mean in practice?
- Personal, digital thermometers have been issued to every member of the team, so we’ll all be taking our temperatures before leaving the house each day. Anyone with a high temperature or displaying symptoms will be staying well away.
- iPads that were previously used to sign ourselves and visitors into the studio will not be used, instead we’ll be using our personal desktop computers or mobile devices to do this, cutting down on the number of touch points in the office.
- A foot operated hand sanitising station has been installed inside the main entrance so that anyone entering the building can disinfect their hands before entering.
- Hand sanitising stations are also available in our main meeting room and studio, with personal hand gel dispensers issued to every member of staff for general use.
- Perspex screens have now been installed around our individual desks, creating a nice, safe, personal space for us all to work.
- Whilst we’ll not be insisting that people wear a face covering, anyone entering the studio will have the option to wear one and we’ll be respecting their decision to do so.
- Sadly, the shaking hands, high-fiving, hugging (not that we did much of this) and any other physical contact will to be strictly prohibited.
- We’ll all be required to observe the government’s published rules and guidance around COVID-19, including social distancing, handwashing etc. Reminders of these are dotted around the building.
- COVID-19 related signage installed throughout, will remind everyone of the maximum number of people allowed in enclosed areas, where they can and can’t sit and the direction of travel in our new one-way system.
- A one way system to visit the ladies or gents.
- Paper towel dispensers have been provided, so gone are the tea towels that only Pat ever took home to wash – hurrah.
- We’ll be avoiding sharing any equipment.
- Break times and lunchtimes will be staggered.
- There’ll be no more making drinks for anyone else – a blessing for some.
- We’ll be avoiding in-person meetings, instead preferring to continue with remote meetings via Slack and Zoom wherever possible.
- We’ll also all be responsible for regularly disinfecting surfaces we touch.
It might not sound like a lot of fun at the moment, but we’re looking forward to being back together as a team, to working hard (as usual) and enjoying what it is that we do best.
Want to speak to us (in a COVIDsecure way) about the support we can provide to you and your business? Then call us on 01772 511001, or contact us via our website.